The Mississippi State Department of Health and the University of Mississippi Medical Center have announced upcoming locations for COVID-19 testing across the state.
This week, the MSDH and UMMC will be setting up one-day testing sites in Bolivar, Yazoo, Montgomery, Perry and Claiborne counties with each site opening from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Testing is by appointment only.
Monday, April 20:
- Bolivar County: Delta State University’s Horace McCool Stadium, 1003 W. Sunflower Road, Cleveland
Tuesday, April 21:
- Yazoo County: Wardell Leach Recreational Complex, 500 W. 15th St., Yazoo City
- Montgomery County: Winona Recreation and Parks, 300 Recreation Park Drive, Winona
Wednesday, April 22:
- Perry County: Perry County Multi-Purpose Center, 1194 Highway 15, Richton
- Claiborne County: Claiborne County Parks and Recreation, 1120 Highway 61 N., Port Gibson
It is important to note that these sites are only available to those who have been pre-screened through the C Spire Health App and deemed “high-risk”.
Additional information regarding the screening process can be found below:
Mississippians who are screened as being at high risk for having COVID-19 are given an appointment at a testing site to provide a specimen sample, via a nose swab, without exiting their vehicle.
The fastest and easiest way to get screened and tested is with the C Spire Health app. It’s available daily from 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Those using the C Spire Health app will be given an appointment if a medical provider determines their level of risk for COVID-19 is high. They’ll be asked questions about symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat. UMMC will contact those tested with their results.
Those without smartphones can call (601) 496-7200. Anyone not experiencing symptoms is asked not to use the app or call.
Anyone determined to be at low risk for infection will receive instructions on social distancing, home isolation and self-care – and told to call back if symptoms worsen.
For more information about testing, click here.